Public Relations, Kyoto City KYOCERA Museum of Art
1933- Kyoto Enthronement Memorial Museum of Art
1952- Kyoto Municipal Museum of Art
April, 2019: Kyoto City Museum of Art*, affectionately renamed Kyoto City KYOCERA Museum of Art
*In order to standardize the municipal institution's name in English, Kyoto City has decided to use City like many others; Kyoto City Zoo, Kyoto City Hospital, Kyoto City University, etc.
The Museum Renewal Project respects and preserves the legacy of the historic Main Building while dramatically enhancing the building’s functions through the addition of Higashiyama Cube, a new building for the support of contemporary art, a space for emerging artists, and shops and café facilities. Kyoto city decided to offer Museum naming rights in order to defray the financial burden of residents for the long-awaited renewal and also to ensure the success of the Museum’s renewal project. In this spirit, Kyocera Corporation agreed to a commitment of approximately 5 billion yen for a 50-year naming rights agreement to name the museum the Kyoto City KYOCERA Museum of Art.
Press Release, Visionaries: Making Another Perspective
Press Release, Kyoto City KYOCERA Museum of Art 2022 Exhibition Information
Press Release, Morimura Yasumasa: My Self-Portraits as a Theater of Labyrinths
Kyoto City KYOCERA Museum of Art 1st Anniversary Exhibition Modern Architecture in Kyoto Press Release
Kyoto City KYOCERA Museum of Art 1st Anniversary Exhibition Uemura Shoen Press Release
Press Inquiry and Request of Images
"For press inquiries and for those who wish to download press images, please contact us through the inquiry form below.
We will provide a password to enter below."
1) The Images can only be used in conjunction with press articles about the Kyoto City KYOCERA Museum of Art and its exhibitions/programs.
2) Images must be credited with caption and credit line as provided.
3) Please submit your article to us for fact checking before publication. Public Relations, Kyoto City KYOCERA Museum of Art can be reached at [email protected]
4) Images must not be cropped, edited, overlaid with texts or objects, or altered in any way.
5) These downloadable press images are made available by the copyright holder(s) et al., only for the limited usage by the mass media. In case of those not of the members of the media providing false personal information and downloading the images as a result, they can be held liable as to compensate for the damages caused by such an action.