Opening Hours: 10:00–18:00
*Last Admission: 17:30
Museum closed on Mondays, except public holidays, and Year-end／New Year holidays (Dec.28 - Jan.2).
Collection Room Entrance fees:
Kyoto City residents: ¥520* Non-residents: ¥730 Groups (of 20 or more): ¥620
Elementary, junior high school and high school students: Free**
Non- resident elementary, junior high and high school students: ¥300 Groups: ¥200
Children under elementary school: Free
* Admission is free for residents over 70 (with valid ID or senior boarding pass) and for those with disabilities (with valid disability certificates). Admission is ¥100 for students attending Kyoto universities registered as Kyoto City Campus Culture Partners.
** living or studying in Kyoto
Please bring a valid ID.
Special Exhibition admission fees vary. Please check the Special Exhibition page for details.
- - See here for details
- Free admission is granted to holders of disability certificates and one attendant. (Presentation of certificate required).
*Advance reservations (timed entry tickets) may be required for certain exhibitions. Please inquire in advance through the website or by phone.
- If you need assistance to enter the building, please call our staff using the intercoms located at the Northwest Entrance, southwest of KYOCERA Square, and the west side of the museum parking area.
- The museum and exhibition rooms are accessible by wheelchair.
- Free wheelchair rental available (6 wheelchairs). Please ask a staff member at the cloakroom on the basement level or the general information desk on the ground floor.
- Opening: 80 cm wide, 210 cm high / Internal dimensions: 140 cm wide, 135 cm deep, 225 cm high / Weight: 2 elevators with a capacity of 750 kg (11 persons) are installed, providing access to all floors.
Writing Instruments and Tactile Maps
- Tactile maps are available at the Information Desk on the ground floor.
- Writing boards are available at the Main Entrance and the Information Desk on the ground floor.
Guide Dogs, Service Dogs and Hearing Assistance Dogs
- Permitted to enter the museum and exhibition galleries.
- Multipurpose toilets are located on each floor.
- Ostomate facilities are located in the multipurpose restroom near the cafe on the basement level.
AED (Automated External Defibrillators)
One AED is installed on each floor.
First Aid Room
If you are not feeling well, please contact the nearest staff member. You will be guided to the first aid room.
For Visitors with Small Children
- Exhibition galleries can be viewed with your child in a baby stroller.
- The following restrooms are equipped with multipurpose seats that can also be used for changing diapers:
Multipurpose restroom near the café on the basement level
Multipurpose restroom in the East Hall on the ground floor
- The following restrooms are equipped with baby chairs:
Men’s restroom near the cafe on the basement level (1 location)
Women’s restroom near the museum shop on the basement level (1 location)
Women’s restroom in the East Hall on the ground floor (2 locations)
- Nursing room is located in the East Hall on the ground floor. Men can also enter.
(Equipment) Water purifier, water heater, sink, 2 baby seats, 2 chairs
Support at Cafe ENFUSE
- Baby chairs are available for use.
- Baby food and allergy food can be brought in. Please ask a staff member if you require food to be heated.
- Hot water for milk is also available. Please feel free to ask a staff member for more information.